Back for its 22nd year, the Salmon Arm Roots and Blues Festival takes place this coming August 15th, 16th and 17th. This year’s fest features The Sheepdogs, Shad, Mavis Staples, Ian Tyson, Josh Ritter and many, many more!
Over the years, this volunteer driven festival has gained a reputation, not only for being an excellent event, but for giving talented emerging acts spots on the bill, making it a great place to see the next big act! Examples of now-established artists who have played Roots and Blues in the infancy of their careers include Feist and Shane Koyzcan, although there are plenty of others as well. This year’s lineup is another blend of legendary and well-established acts along with gifted up-and-comers!
So, if you are attending this year’s Salmon Arm Roots and Blues Festival, the big question is: what should you take with you?
Worry not! We can help. Here’s our handy checklist:
- Sunscreen(you really don’t want to forget this – it has been clear and warm for the last 15 years at the festival!)
- Your own water and soft drinks. Yes, you can bring your own drinks in. Coolers are even permitted (please note; you can’t take alcohol into the festival, but there are beer gardens in the festival grounds)
- Your own chair (please note; if your seat is higher than 8 inches from the ground, you will have to sit at the back)
- Your own tarp for sitting/lying on (8ft. x 10ft. is the maximum permissible size)
- Your dancing shoes (the festival has designated seating and dancing areas for the enjoyment of all)
- An appetite (there are food trucks on-site)
- Your tickets (it is probably not the best idea to forget your tickets – just a hunch)
- We look forward to seeing festival goers at our Salmon Arm location!
You can learn more about the Salmon Arm Roots and Blues Festival via the festival’s official website.