The summer is a prime time to do all your traveling. If you are traveling with kids, you’ll want to make sure that they are happy, healthy, and entertained during your stay. Every little trek with your kids can mean an adventure in parenting. To ensure you are adequately prepared for your trip, keep in mind the following tips:
• Phone ahead: You’ll want to call the hotel ahead of time and ask about activities at the destination or hotel that kids are able to take part in. If you are traveling to Kelowna, the H20 Centre is a great place to bring children. Plus, there’s always the beach, which is perfect to visit during the summer. At Prestige Hotels & Resorts, we have swimming pools at each of our hotels, which is always popular with everyone. This makes traveling with kids a breeze.
• Extra space: Booking a room with extra space will allow the little ones to stretch their legs and feel free to roam around. Our hotels feature twin rooms, kitchenettes, bedroom suites, and our Nelson and Salmon Arm hotels even offer rooms with an outdoor lawn area.
• Don’t forget the stroller: Even a short ride outside on a quick stop or at your destination can rejuvenate a very bored child. A walk along the boardwalk at a waterfront property like our Nelson resort can be a fun and scenic way to get some exercise and entertain your little one.
• Plan for the ride: Take along a play set for your ride that includes items your child has never seen before like colouring books, puzzles, or a pad with movies. Don’t forget their favourite toy, whether it be a Teddy bear or Elmo, so that they have a friend for the journey.
• Phone ahead for your dinner reservation: Book your dinner reservation in advance so you don’t have to wait for a table if your child is fussy or impatient. Having your dinner reservation ready will help the process run smoother.
At Prestige Hotels & Resorts, we love seeing our guests and their kids happy. This is why at all Prestige Hotels & Resorts kids under 16 get to stay for free. We want to make sure traveling with kids is a great experience for you.
If you are heading to a lovely BC destination this summer, be sure to give one of our hotels a call and book a room today.